Question regarding version + svn revision on packaging

Nelson Marques nmo.marques at gmail.com
Tue May 15 19:43:13 UTC 2012

Toshio,

Thanks. I've done as you suggested, but I found out that in the
README, it's actually versioned as 1.3 (not sure what those people are
smoking). I've updated my review request and took it to the games sig.

 left the stuff online on:
http://nmarques.fedorapeople.org/packages/python-enet/

Maybe if you get bored you can help ;)

NM

2012/5/14 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 08:00:22PM +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:
>> Thanks, looks cool to me, I'll use that if there are no objections :)

>> > One "0" is enough, no need to assume minor and patch versions. Also, I
>> > think + is a Debian thing, for Fedora it would just be part of the
>> > release. For a pre-release package.:
>> >
>> > Version: 0
>> > Release: 0.1.svn24%{?dist}
>> >
>> > or something like that, would give:
>> >
>> > <package name>-0-0.1.svn24.<dist>
>> >
>> > see:
>> >
>> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Snapshot_packages
>> >
> Yep -- we'd want the date in there too like this:
>
> Version: 0
> Release: 0.1.20120412svn24%{?dist}
>
> -Toshio
>
> --

Nelson Marques
// I've stopped trying to understand sandwiches with a third piece of
bread in the middle...