Stop the git abuse

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Fri May 18 17:07:56 UTC 2012

Le 18/05/2012 18:35, Stanislav Ochotnicky a écrit :

> So please. Merge as long as it makes sense (i.e. unless something needs
> to be changed specifically in one branch).

Sorry but, I think, in most of the case "merge" is not the solution.

For me, the %changelog "must" stay branch specific.
p.e, I don't want the f16 branch polluted by "mass rebuild" entry from
rawhide.

So I will continue to (at best) cherry pick, or (at worst) re-apply the
change to each branch.

And definitvely, for me, (and probably only for me), git is really not a
good tool for spec maintenance.

Remi.