Stop the git abuse

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun May 20 22:04:57 UTC 2012

Remi Collet wrote:
> For me, the %changelog "must" stay branch specific.
> p.e, I don't want the f16 branch polluted by "mass rebuild" entry from
> rawhide.

You're just too pedantic about that. I stopped caring about this issue eons
ago, even in CVS days, where I'd just "sync from devel", i.e. overwrite the
branch specfile with the one from devel. And I wasn't the only one doing
that. Everything else is just unmaintainable.

Just keep the branches in sync. If the changelog would the only difference
otherwise, nobody will care. (And if not, try %if 0%{?fedora} > n
conditionals.)

        Kevin Kofler