Stop the git abuse

Greg Swift xaeth at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 21 13:29:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 4:52 AM, Michael J Gruber
<michaeljgruber+gmane at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> * put compatibility cludges for older releases on their respective
> branches (this gets rid of many if's in spec)

i'm not against cleaning up ifs related to end of life/support
releases, but how far are you suggesting that go?  I know that I've
pulled plenty of rawhide packages for build on a RHEL box when
necessary, and even if they don't always support EPEL sometimes
they've had if switches in them that helped save me lots of time.
That and managing several specs because of this could be quite
painful.