changelog in spec file, was Re: Stop the git abuse

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Thu May 24 13:42:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:15:38AM +0200, Thomas Spura wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Stanislav Ochotnicky
> <sochotnicky at redhat.com> wrote:
> >  * If a git commit is tagged in a specific way, omit from rpm changelog.
> >   What I mean by "tagged" is a git tag, in form of let's say
> >   "silentXXX". Where XXX has to be unique, but that can be figured out by
> >   fedpkg easily.
>
> I'd prefer a "SILENT:" directly in the commit instead of tags...
> The only tags that should be necessary are the fXX and elX ones.
>
> Is there a sane way to change typos in past changelogs?
> * a "REPLACE$githash:" line in a later commit?

How about generating a Changelog-file based on all previous
commits initially. When doing new commits, it should be updated
with the previous commit with a pre-commit hook. The rpm-changelog
should then contain this changelog-file + the last commit.

Then the changelog-history would contain full commits by default,
while still being editable.

   -jf