How to proceed with MiniDebugInfo

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Thu May 24 14:43:12 UTC 2012

On Thu, 24 May 2012 16:35:57 +0200, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> jan.kratochvil wrote:
> > If your feature does not solve any problem it is just a bloat.
>
> This overstates the case.  Alex's proposal clearly solves some problems.

This is just about wording.

My reaction was to:
	I don't think there has to be a specific "problem".

Alexander talks about Minidebuginfo as about a feature but I find it to be
a bugfix category.  Specifically to fix what ABRT should have delivered.
The primary goal are crash backtraces, tracing is not the Minidebuginfo goal.
Tracing is only misused as a way how to push Minidebuginfo through.

And bugfix without a problem is just that bloat.

Regards,
Jan