How to proceed with MiniDebugInfo

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Sat May 26 17:07:52 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'll add one more case, which seems to happen to me all the time:
>
> - You're in IRC or email, and all the bug reporter has given you is a
>  random copy and paste from their terminal.  They don't care to open
>  a bug; they don't much care about anything except getting a fix.
>
> Minidebuginfo would help here.

It seems you (and others in the thread) are hoping for an automatic
backtrace on any crash - I don't think that's in the currently
discussed scope.

Even with this feature you'll have to walk them through 1) enabling
core file creation, or finding the abrt-maintained core, and 2)
running gdb or abrt on the core.  I'm not sure whether minidebuginfo
would make the situation actually simpler...
    Mirek