How can we make security updates faster?

Paul Wouters pwouters at redhat.com
Mon May 28 20:35:50 UTC 2012

On Mon, 28 May 2012, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

>> Perhaps a new mailinglist that just announces the security releases, to
>> remind people to test them and give karma.
>
> We already have a list that all test related information is supposed to go to
> including security related ones, in fact all QA related topic in general is
> supposed to go to that list since the whole QA community resides on that list
> but you and others can continue to post QA related topics to this list and
> expect magic to happen just don't be disappointed when nothing happens et
> all.

The point of a seperate list would be that peopel interested in giving
security updates some extra attention wouldn't be swamped with other
emails, causing them just to filter and file those emails unseen.

If the pidgin-otr and socat security update information ended up going
to any QA related lists, it did not seem to help.

Paul