for thinkpad lovers - thinkpad-trackpoint-scroll

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue May 29 06:24:30 UTC 2012

Hi Adrian,

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 03:30:12PM -0300, Adrian Alves wrote:
> Hello guys for those who use thinkpad this package enable vertical
> scrolling with the trackpoint + middle click.

Note that the same could be achieved with an xorg.conf.d snippet.

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "Trackpoint Wheel Emulation"
        MatchProduct "TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint"
        MatchDriver "evdev"
        Option "EmulateWheel" "on"
        Option "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
        Option "EmulateWheelTimeout" "200"
        Option "XAxisMapping" "6 7"
        Option "YAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Drop this in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-wheel-emulation.conf and it will be
persistent. I don't think we need a separate rpm for this.

Cheers,
  Peter