How can we make security updates faster?

enclair wifienclair at gmail.com
Tue May 29 20:20:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a suggestion, not totally related.
It would be nice to have a tool which does the same thing than portaudit
for FreeBSD.
This tool is simple: you launch it, and it lists which packages are
vulnerable.
That's way you don't need to wait for a package to be in -testing or in
-stable to know whether there is a security issue.
It could improve tests also. Because if the tool lists a package which is
vulnerable, if it is in -testing and not yet in -stable, then more users
will update it from testing.

I did not reply and created a new subject because I was not subscribed to
the list.

Documentation:
freebsd.org/doc/handbook/security-portaudit.html