glusterfs rename

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed May 30 19:03:44 UTC 2012

On 05/30/2012 02:23 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Yes, for the Fedora side of things I think gluster 3.2 is the best
> strategy with a fedorapeople repo of 3.3 if it's considered worthwhile
> for those that wish to play. For gluster 3.3 I suggest a feature page
> for F-18 / rawhide. Is it feasible for the missing hekafs features to
> be merged into the 3.3 release train by October when F-18 is due to be
> released?

I was under the impression that glusterfs would be automatically carried
forward from f17 into f18, as it apparently was from f16 into f17.

F18 builds (of 3.2.6) are already available in koji. Until now I haven't
heard that a feature page is needed for 3.2.x (or 3.3.x) to be included
in f18. (But how to deprecate HekaFS on f18 once the glusterfs-3.3.0
build is available.)

The features that are in HekaFS (in f16 and f17) will get merged into
glusterfs-3.3.1+, as I indicated previously, but I won't promise how
many of them will be there when f18 ships. We certainly hope that all of
them will be, but we aren't making any promises.

--

Kaleb