*countable infinities only

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Thu May 31 15:59:26 UTC 2012

On 05/31/2012 11:47 AM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Bryn M. Reeves<bmr at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> That discussion is happening right now. You're welcome to join in.
>
> That wasn't my understanding, my understanding is that this is a done
> deal and not up for discussion. I'm happy to learn otherwise.

So, from the article you referred to:

> Is this all set in stone?
>
> No. We've spent some time thinking about all of this and are happy that we
> can  implement it in the Fedora 18 timescale, but there's always the
> possibility that we've missed something or that a new idea will come up. If
> we can increase user freedom without making awful compromises somewhere else
> then we'll do it.

This, I believe, is Matthew's way of saying that this is not all set in stone,
and that we'd encourage you to come up with better ideas because we don't like
this all that much.

Then from your second post on the subject, you said:

> Yes, I read it and spent several hours talking to MJG before he posted
> it, in fact.
>
> I thought I'd pay him the respect of sleeping on it and giving someone
> in support of this rather secretive move time to post about it and
> discuss it, so that people wouldn't be learning about it from my
> response.   I also wrote a simple, factual message.  Nothing I said
> was distorted or untrue.

You see why maybe that comes across as a bit of a fib?  I'm not saying you're
a bad person or something, but you appear to be reacting emotionally without
fully thinking through what you're saying, and as a result overlooking
things and contradicting yourself in an embarrassing way. You may want to do
some more sleeping on it.

--
         Peter