*countable infinities only

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 18:38:10 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> None the less,  I do not believe it is "FUD" or in any way inaccurate
> to say that this will mean that Fedora will be losing a freedom it
> once had— the freedom to make forks at no cost which are technically
> equal to the projects, ones which are just as compatible and easy to
> install.

Sorry to disappoint here but that was never the case ... creating a
fork always has been associated with costs ... time, effort, money
(yes you need infrastructure, hardware ...)

So this rises by 99$ if you want an out of the box installation
experience equal to fedora. By not supporting secure boot (which seems
is what you are proposing) you are making it worse for *everyone* how
is that "more freedom".

Sure it is worse then what we currently have but your proposed way is
*worse* then both . Worse out of the box installation experience for
the "unskilled user", effectively leaving the x86 market entirely to
MS (and other vendors that chose to implement secure boot).