*countable infinities only

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Thu May 31 18:48:43 UTC 2012

On 05/31/2012 12:59 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
> On 05/31/2012 12:57 PM, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
>> I take it that virtualization of the OS is completely off the table as
>> well, then?  (I think it must be, if this is the case.)
>
> Why would that be?
>
> VM's have a BIOS.  And SecureBoot can be part of that BIOS.

Well, as a matter of fact VMs mostly right now DO have a BIOS, but not UEFI,
and Secure Boot support is a UEFI feature, and not a BIOS feature. So Secure
Boot actually *cannot* be part of that BIOS. Obviously that possibility would
change if we were to ship OVMF or similar as our VM firmware.

--
         Peter