Orphaning Unity bits: bamf, compiz-plugins-main, dee, libindicator

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 00:24:26 UTC 2012

I currently own a few packages related to my old abortive attempt to
build Unity for Fedora. I don't have time to maintain these or any
direct interest in them - they were just Unity building blocks to me.
I'm orphaning these packages:

bamf
compiz-plugins-main (for f16 only)
dee
libindicator

Only one package depends on any of these: gwibber depends on dee. So
someone interested in gwibber might want to pick up dee. It's not a
difficult package to maintain, but I don't have any real interest in it.
Other than that, I don't see that there's any reason anyone would want
to pick these up, but maybe someone does. compiz itself was retired some
time back - I should have orphaned compiz-plugins-main at the same time,
but never did. I don't recall how I wound up owning it. It only appears
to be 'alive' for F16 anyhow.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey