Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Nov 1 02:09:05 UTC 2012

Adam Williamson wrote:
> I'd recommend asking dcantrell, as he has some good points on this
> topic. I broadly agree with him that it might well be more or less
> impossible to smoothly handle a major rewrite of anaconda in our current
> development process. CCing to make sure he sees this.

There's only one sane conclusion to draw from that: There MUST NOT be a
major rewrite of Anaconda, EVER. That it was allowed to happen for F18 was a
major mistake.

Anaconda is the least tested component in Fedora (most people test it at
most once every 6 months) and arguably the most critical (because it is
required to get Fedora up and running at all). The less it changes, the
better!

        Kevin Kofler