Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 09:25:39 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 02:09 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Anaconda is the least tested component in Fedora (most people test it at
> most once every 6 months) and arguably the most critical (because it is
> required to get Fedora up and running at all). The less it changes, the
> better!

This is not right in fact we probably test the installer way more then
any other component.
And quite frankly I feel we are dedicating way to much time testing it
each release cycle
( This release cycle being an exception of course due to the rewrite but
generally we should not have to spend so much time testing Anaconda each
release cycle )

JBG