MPI updates

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Nov 1 15:08:36 UTC 2012

Some MPI updates:

- I built openmpi 1.6.3 in rawhide yesterday.  This had an unexpected bump in
the libmpi_f90.so soname.  I know this affects hdf5 and netcdf-fortran, both
my packages and I'll be rebuilding them later today (hopefully).

- MPI packaging guidelines have changed
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:MPI), namely that the module
location has changed to be under a mpi subdirectory.

- I'm planning on building mpich2 1.5 shortly in rawhide with the above module
changes.  Updating to 1.5 also for hwloc 1.5 support.

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com