Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 17:14:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-01 at 15:56 +0100, Heiko Adams wrote:
> Am 01.11.2012 15:41, schrieb "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson":
> >
> > We ( QA community ) would benefit from a longer release cycle since we
> > need more time to properly test "features" and other vital components
> > and arguably the QA part of an feature should FESCO delegate to QA
> > community to oversee and handle...
> >
> Maybe we should think again about switching to a roling release models
> for Fedora stable. This would IMHO have some benefits to the whole
> community.

I didn't want to throw this grenade into the debate, but now someone
else has, I'll just note that I was in favour of this before and I'm
still in favour of it now. :) Rolling release is a model that makes
clear sense for a distribution with the goals that Fedora has.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey