Feature template update [was Re: Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule...]

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 18:24:01 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 11/01/2012 06:09 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > We were thinking with a few folks more about "Self contained
> > feature"
> > but yeah, there's a lack of real definition.
> >
> > Other thing is - these "Self contained features" could be approved
> > implicitly once are announced on devel list (in cooperation with
> > Feature Wrangler). Features that requires integration etc. will be
> > still approved by FESCo, but idea is to offload amount of work from
> > FESCo so they can give more time to track these features. Not to
> > bother with leaf features or enhancements. And as these should be
> > very visible (thanks to announcement) anybody could escalate any
> > feature to the FESCo for discussion/explicit approval.
> >
> > That's the idea, I promised my proposal delivered to FESCo before
> > Beta;-)  But you know, moving target....
> >
> > Any suggestions are welcomed!
>
> Blindly accepting features are unacceptable from QA stand point and
> arguably minor release updates should be kept out of the feature
> process

Definitely not blinding accepting - the feature would have to go through
the Feature Wrangler as for now and then it should be announced in public
way. So the Feature is not blindly accepted as many Features on FESCo
meeting to get rid of a queue of unapproved ones and even it gets
better visibility - so developers can interact with Feature owner and
in case of any issues - raise it to FESCo. And FESCo will have time to
actually work on it, not just +1-ing it.

Jaroslav