Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 08:29:52 UTC 2012

On 11/03/2012 08:17 AM, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Le samedi 03 novembre 2012 à 11:19 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>          well, it would maybe a start to DROP packages which are still
>>          missing systemd-units
>>
>>          http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/FeatureList
>>
>>          60%
>>          SysV to Systemd
>>
>> Dropping 40% of packages isn't going to happen. Sorry
> Especially since some of those packages may have more complex initscript
> than a simple systemd unit can produce.
>
> For example, on my system, ceph, netcf-transaction or libvirt-guests are
> more complex initscripts, and I could understand why they were not
> migrated by now.

Yeah upstream often is working making some other changes surrounding the
unit and the daemon + nobody said or promised this was going to be
migrated within one release cycle anyway
Reindl Harald just likes to make a fuzz...

And people should not be staring to much into the % they do not always
accurately reflect the feature completeness...

JBG