Rolling release model philosophy (was Re: Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID)))

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 3 11:25:26 UTC 2012

Am 03.11.2012 11:35, schrieb Nikos Roussos:

> In that sense, and from my point of view, if we had to rethink our release model and dedicate time and energy on a
> new approach, it would make more sense to have an extended support release (providing only security updates after
> 13 months) which is vital for the enterprise desktop market.

THAT would make sense if there is a upgrade path between two LTS
releases - let's say the cycle is two years there would be 4
"normal" release cycles and if features with the impact of
systemd are startet after the release of a LTS you have the
full 2 years to polish it AND many users would also use
the current leading edge releases to be first

a comination of both would be really perfect