Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Sun Nov 4 18:19:20 UTC 2012

The point is that such a measurement serves nothing but pissing off people.
You need to track activity on packages - how long bugs stay open without response (note that this doesn't mean becoming accepted as one might be busy with other things), how long the package stay with open CVEs, what is the usual delay for getting to latest upstream, etc. Come up with strategy based on such measurement and you'll get packagers support for some automated actions against packages (NOT PEOPLE).
Measuring people activity means nothing as I think we want MORE people to work with us not less (even if they do it once in a year).
P.S. The words in capital letters are such intentionally.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team