Rawhide

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Nov 5 18:16:37 UTC 2012

Le Lun 5 novembre 2012 18:55, Till Maas a écrit :

> Rawhide is not intended to be used for anything important and with any
> security sensitive data because the used packages are not signed.

Alas

> Whenever I asked to get Rawhide packages signed I was also told that it
> is, because of Rawhide's use case. Everybody using Rawhide for example
> to maintainer Fedora packages is endangering the Fedora project.

And everyone not using Rawhide to maintain Fedora packages is contributing
to the regular release slips and to the lack of stability of Fedora
releases (because QA time is eaten up by development that is supposed to
have started in Rawhide).

Signing rawhide would be cheap compared to the costs induced by the
current situation.

--
Nicolas Mailhot