New release cycle proposal (was Rolling release model philosophy (was ...))

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 19:05:31 UTC 2012

2012/11/6 Matthieu Gautier <mgautier at fedoraproject.org>:
>> So you not a maintainer but you still suggesting that we, maintainers,
>> should do 2 times more job by supporting several simultaneous Fedora
>> versions instead of 3 right now for more than two years. And that's
>> all just because you think it's a good idea to spend my personal time
>> on the rreleases I'm not using anymore.

> No, I never suggest that. Preview versions have a timelife of 6mo
> instead of 12.
> Stable version have a lifetime of 24mo (12mo for regular updates)
> instead of 12.

Exactly what I'm saying - two times more job. So who's gonna pay us
for the time wasted on supporting distributions we're not using
personally?

I think you didn't get the maintainers motivation (except those RH
fellows whoi just did the job) - we're doing our part because we're
using Fedora daily. What you're suggesting isn't fun anymore. So
somebody should pay for that.
--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.