"network" service fails to set wireless parameters.

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Tue Nov 6 20:47:18 UTC 2012

I have a Wifi card that is supposed to be managed by the "network"
service. The interface's IP addresses, prefixes, routes and all that get
assigned correctly on boot, but the wireless parameters – mode, ESSID
and channel – do not get assigned. I have to set those manually with the
iwconfig command.

I've had this card working before, but I've hacked the ifcfg file since
then. (I've had lots of networking problems since I installed Fedora 17,
so I've been editing the configuration a lot.) It's possible that I've
missed something, so before I file a bug report I wanted to ask: Does
anyone see anything wrong with the ifcfg file below?

Björn Persson

DEVICE=wifi
NAME="Wifi"
HWADDR=00:16:6f:a9:95:34