Revamping the non responsive maintainer process

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 08:49:16 UTC 2012

Dne 6.11.2012 16:04, Ralf Corsepius napsal(a):
> On 11/06/2012 02:24 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> Dne 6.11.2012 14:17, Aleksandar Kurtakov napsal(a):

Come on, there are the same alarmist who think that Wikipedia will be
hijacked and destroyed but have it happened any time?

You are still maintainer, you are still owner and you are notified by
email about every change in your package, so you'll be able to catch
such activity pretty soon and act accordingly.

> I regret having to say so, but the unpleasant fact is, Fedora does
> have such "participants".

Such people are everywhere. May be they can trick the system, become
proven packager and takeover you packages. Who knows. You can never be sure.

> When I do not react upon requests,

I appreciate you swiftly react upon request, but unfortunately that does
not imply that every other packager will react as swiftly as you.

> I usually either missed or forgot about the request or deliberately do
> not yet want to approve.
> That said, what I feel is missing in Fedora's pkgdb web-forms is an
> option to "leave a comment to applicant" and an "some automated
> reminder mechanisms" to remind "approvers" about pending requests.

There is bugzilla, but it is definitely not the most flexible tool on
the world.