Revamping the non responsive maintainer process

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 09:12:23 UTC 2012

Dne 7.11.2012 10:00, Pierre-Yves Chibon napsal(a):
> On Wed, 2012-11-07 at 09:49 +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> You are still maintainer, you are still owner and you are notified by
>> email about every change in your package, so you'll be able to catch
>> such activity pretty soon and act accordingly.
> To be the devil's advocate, you do get the email but most of the time
> right after the commit the person will push an update which you're not
> able to withdraw as you did not create it.

Yes, update in Bodhi. It takes 7 days to go through review. If it cannot
be withdrawen by maintainer or lets say proven packager, then it can be
improved.

> Plus sometime, people takes days off...

Yes, and if you did mistake before you go to holidays, then what?

You can always find some drawbacks with any process, but it doesn't mean
that we should not be more open and trust your peers.