Revamping the non responsive maintainer process

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Nov 7 09:21:15 UTC 2012

On 11/07/2012 09:49 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 6.11.2012 16:04, Ralf Corsepius napsal(a):

Well, you might not be aware about it, but at least de.wikipedia.org
does have similiar problems as we are discussing here.

> You are still maintainer, you are still owner and you are notified by
> email about every change in your package, so you'll be able to catch
> such activity pretty soon and act accordingly.

You get notified when the damage is done, e.g. when your spec file has
been modified to your dissatisfaction and when the package already has
entered rawhide.

All that's left to you unless these changes immediately break something,
is to either silently swallow these changes or to revert them sometime
later.

>> I usually either missed or forgot about the request or deliberately do
>> not yet want to approve.
>> That said, what I feel is missing in Fedora's pkgdb web-forms is an
>> option to "leave a comment to applicant" and an "some automated
>> reminder mechanisms" to remind "approvers" about pending requests.
>
> There is bugzilla, but it is definitely not the most flexible tool on
> the world.
Wrt. bugzilla, similar considerations apply: BZ-mails are sent out once
and therefore are easy to forget/miss.

Ralf