Unblocking packages: new review needed?

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Nov 7 16:06:01 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-11-07 at 16:59 +0100, Alec Leamas wrote:
> On 2012-11-07 16:53, tim.lauridsen at gmail.com wrote:

> > On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com

> >         Besides that, I can just agree with Tim. The oldest package
> >         was reviewed less than a year ago, the two others last
> >         summer. Requiring a new review is, well, somewhat formal.
> >
> >         That said, it should be easy to review these to resolve this
> >         issue.  If you just make some new review requests, linking
> >         to the previous review I'll guess this could be handled
> >         without to much problems.

> > I don't see anywhere
> > in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process
> >
> > That a new review is needed,

> It might be that you are right, dunno, this is just so weird. My point
> is just that three simple reviews might be less work than to discuss
> this until there is a Proper Solution.

This is what you are looking for:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers#Claiming_Ownership_of_a_Deprecated_Package

especially:
Deprecated packages require re-review if they are deprecated for more
than two weeks or if there is no previous review of the package. Submit
a review request (a new bugzilla ticket) and have the package approved
by a reviewer as if it were new to Fedora. See the package review
process for more information.

Pierre