Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

The Quen quedunk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 03:35:21 UTC 2012

I dont think anything is "wrong" with Fedora, but I do think we need to have reasonable expectations for systems that are put together with lots of moving parts.
Delays are not rediculous, they are just the nature of complex systems.

Nobody is forcing anyone to hurt furry animals while the release is getting together. Its a little sad and dissapointing, but thats about it.

I'm happy the QA team has enough sway to ensure that a release is sweet, and not rough-edged.
I think people remember the rough edges way longer than the 'it just worked' stuff.
:)