Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Thu Nov 8 06:06:06 UTC 2012

I've now done half a dozen F18 multi-boot installs and I must say it's
a miracle I haven't over-written something I wanted to keep. The thing
that would make it usable for me would be very simple - just put the
partition names on the labeling so I know what's going to end up
where! The rest of the installer is fine but the partitioner needs
either a user interface redesign or extensive documentation.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
>> The new anaconda UI and related features are more or less entirely the
>> cause of the slip.
>
> This shows that those changes should not have been done, or at least not in
> this way.
>
>> Secure boot support is also not done yet (waiting on the signature for
>> shim to get sorted out by legal), though I don't know whether FESCo yet
>> absolutely decided that has to be in for Beta.
>
> And Restricted Boot support just needs to go away!
>
>         Kevin Kofler
>
> --

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://znmeb.github.com/Computational-Journalism-Publishers-Workbench/

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?