Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 06:26:17 UTC 2012

On 8 Nov 2012 07:35, "Kevin Kofler" <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > The new anaconda UI and related features are more or less entirely the
> > cause of the slip.
>
> This shows that those changes should not have been done, or at least not
in
> this way.

Hindsight is a fabulous thing, I suspect the anaconda developers would
agree with you looking back. Its a large body of code dependent on a lots
of pieces.

> > Secure boot support is also not done yet (waiting on the signature for
> > shim to get sorted out by legal), though I don't know whether FESCo yet
> > absolutely decided that has to be in for Beta.
>
> And Restricted Boot support just needs to go away!

And with it will go Fedora's ability to support a lot of new hardware
moving forward and I don't believe that's good for anyone. The developers
have done a lot of work to make it easily handle a vast amount of use cases
and I think its great the work they've done. The hardware is coming so its
pointless for us to stick our heads in the sand.

Besides this thread is a about beta slip. Not pros and cons of already
approved feature.

Peter

Peter