Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 08:42:21 UTC 2012

> "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb at znmeb.net> writes:
> > I've now done half a dozen F18 multi-boot installs and I must say it's
> > a miracle I haven't over-written something I wanted to keep. The thing
> > that would make it usable for me would be very simple - just put the
> > partition names on the labeling so I know what's going to end up
> > where! The rest of the installer is fine but the partitioner needs
> > either a user interface redesign or extensive documentation.
>
> Indeed, it's *spectacularly* bad.  Aside from the point you make, I find
> that it doesn't show you what actions have already been chosen: as soon
> as you select any of the inadequately-labeled existing partitions, that
> partition disappears completely from the display.

If you actually mean that you click on it and it disappears from the
list, that's a bug. That's not intentional. I've seen that with btrfs
subvols; that case ought to be fixed in 18.27 IIRC. If you're seeing a
different case, please report it.

partitions shouldn't disappear from the list on the left unless and
until you actually choose to delete them.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey