yum upgrade from F17 to F18

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Thu Nov 8 14:10:12 UTC 2012

On 11/08/2012 02:41 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> You should file this as an RFE against yum since arguably this should be the default behavior when users run "yum upgrade" but since the yum maintainers have not done that already there has to be some gotcha- you are forgetting

The process can fail in a lot of places, so having a script to blindly go ahead
is dangerous.

I would personally always use a script like this as a sequence of commands
to be run by hand.
If something happens in the middle of the steps, I have to solve it manually
(e.g. removing some external rpm in case of dep problems).

Hmm, I now see there is a "set -e" at the beginning.
Still a little scary. :-)

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it