Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 14:48:26 UTC 2012

On 11/08/2012 02:31 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 12:58:59PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> Is it not just time to form a "CoreOS" SIG which include Anaconda,
>> the storage developers, The kernel, Dracut,/Systemd/Udev, and
>> arguably selinux and the network guys as well to ensure "proper"
>> communication of changes between teams responsible for "core" (
>> installation/boot/network handling ) functionality within the
>> project?
> What kind of structure would you imagine such a SIG having?

Sorry not following?

I assume this ( and related mailinglist ) would be the place where they
manage and coordinate changes relevant to the "CoreOS" (
Installation/bootup etc ) of the Fedora distribution in current and
future releases to better coordinate implement feature relate to the
"CoreOS"

>   Who would be
> taking overall responsibility?

I assume that SIG answers to BOARD/FESCO as do every other one and they
themselves decide among themselves how their own SIG governing structure
will be.

JBG