Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:48:52 UTC 2012

On 11/08/2012 04:37 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 04:32:29PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> Or if I rephrase why could not the community continue to use
>> Anaconda in it's form that it existed in F17 until the "new
>> installer" was *completly* done?
> Because nobody in the community did the work to make the F17 Anaconda
> work in F18?

No I assume everyone expected the Anaconda developers to handle that if
not they would have asked for assistance in that regard and outlined the
steps necessary to do so which I assume would have been minimal if
necessary et all since I expect the installer to be able to work on
packages in F16 or F17 or F18 for that matter hence the installer would
be unchanged while the package set he is installing would only change.

Is my assumption wrong in that regard as in the installer in F17 could
not have been used and if so why?

JBG