Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:06:18 UTC 2012

On 11/08/2012 04:37 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 04:32:29PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> Or if I rephrase why could not the community continue to use
>> Anaconda in it's form that it existed in F17 until the "new
>> installer" was *completly* done?
> Because nobody in the community did the work to make the F17 Anaconda
> work in F18?

This also touches on "Who's responsible for an feature"

Just recently FESCO decided *for* Kay that he was responsible to ensure
the migration related docs and what not kept working for the name change
of configuration files that takes place in systemd ( which was not even
a feature ) Applying the same logic here the Anaconda developers
themselves would have been responsible keeping the "old code" working
until the new one was ready to completely replace it.

JBG

1.https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/963#comment:13