Fedora Minimal Core SIG -- please join if you're interested

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 8 20:15:36 UTC 2012

So, here's a proposal for a semi-informal group linking different
stakeholders interested in curating the @core package selection:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Minimal_Core

Please comment and join if you're interested. This is intended to be a
request for comments and input rather than a finish document.

Note that "Minimal Core" isn't meant to necessarily imply "minimal possible
distribution". I would have just called it "Fedora Core", if we didn't
already have a lot of baggage around that name. It means "minimal for us",
and the group's mission is defining exactly what that means, and
estabilishing sensible standards around that.

Basically, we have the various desktop SIGs which decide what goes into
those package sets, and it's reasonable to have one for core as well.