Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Fri Nov 9 11:16:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/08/2012 03:58 PM, David Cantrell wrote:
>>
>> Not true.  As with our other major changes, we new it would be absolutely
>> impossible to deliver all functionality in a single release.
>

> What exactly prevented the Anaconda from implementing Anaconda 2.0 in a F19
> or later when it was fully complete?
>
> Or if I rephrase why could not the community continue to use Anaconda in
> it's form that it existed in F17 until the "new installer" was *completly*
> done?

Well, FESCo _did_ approve the plan to move to F18 with no contingency
plan.  The blame here is on FESCo, not on Anaconda.

Yes, it was a major error; we could have at that point insisted on
keeping the F17 implementation working, and it probably would have
been easier at that point to maintain two branches than to backport
nobody-knows-what now.
    Mirek