PHP embedded library soname change

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Fri Nov 9 13:29:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

In previous version libphp5.so used php version as soname
(so, libphp5-5.4.8.so)

For new version it will only use php major version (so, libphp5-5.4.so)
Already available for Fedora 18 (php-5.4.8-6 in testing).

Dependent package owner (maniadrive and uwsgi) are aware of this change.

Of course, for each new version, I will run an ABI/API check (as
upstream doesn't care of it for this "experimental" library) before
pushing the update to our repository.

Regards,
Remi.

P.S. : yes, this will make my life easier (no need for buildoverride)