Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Fri Nov 9 14:47:37 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 06:02:10PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Aside from that - I can understand your frustration that you think
> people are chinwagging and not helping, but my point is kind of that you
> (anaconda team) have brought that on yourselves.

I'm not on the Anaconda team. That's my point. When bugs threaten the
release of the distribution then *everyone* involved in the distribution
should be willing to work on them, not just insist that it's up to the
developers currently working on it. I've just spent two days of vacation
working on this because it's clear that more developer contribution
would be useful and because I actually want us to release Fedora 18.
We're not obliged to sit here pointing at a sinking ship when we could
do something to avoid that ship from sinking.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org