plymouth in @core? [was Re: Attention, dependency fighters]

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Nov 9 16:16:24 UTC 2012

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 08:53:19 -0500
Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 01:41:08PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> wrote:
> > You might want to remove plymouth from the minimal install since it
> > does not make sense having it there anyway
>
> Yes probably. Anyone know why it's there?

IIRC, even if you 'disable' it, plymouth is still the thing handing the
text mode output. Perhaps some plymouth folks would chime in here...

> I'm starting to think that a dedicated list for the minimal core sig
> makes sense after all.

I'm thinking the opposite. ;) For example, as above plymouth folks read
the devel list, you would have to find and invite them to a new
list. ;)

Can't we just use this list and try and add more signal to it for those
that killed off the long threads?

kevin