Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 16:57:13 UTC 2012

On 11/09/2012 04:43 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

> While that has some obvious issues, like new hardware doesn't work
> with old kernel/syslinux/grub/udev/etc...,

It's not like it always works in that area anyway

> there are further issues as some configuration has to happen within
> the installed system, which means knowing how things like firewall
> config, network config, mount options, root auth configuration,
> selinux, bootloader config and so on.

Last time I checked the configuration of those files have remained the
same for years if we put that aside how is Anaconda supposed to be
reverted in the future what's the plan you guys have here, which
direction are you guys taking in regards to that?

JBG