remove polkit from core?

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Fri Nov 9 17:26:33 UTC 2012

1;3401;0cOn Fri, 09.11.12 12:22, Matthew Miller (mattdm at fedoraproject.org) wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 05:43:17PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > deserved. Just today I made a minor fix to systemd git to deal nicely
> > with PK-less systems.
>
> Right now, I get:
>
> $ reboot
> Failed to issue method call: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not
> provided by any .service files
> Must be root.
>
> Which is fine except that I don't want to see the message. :) Does your fix
> handle this or should I bug report?

Yes, that's the one that should be fixed with this:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/patch/?id=bece1f5215b4ff147e000255d07f6b3cc777f15b

Would probably make sense to test things with this applied as it should
solve most (but probably not all) issues related to PK-less systems.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.