Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 19:32:19 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-09, 17:06 GMT, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Because anaconda links into a large amount of runtime stuff, that
> normally runs isloated and so it /looks/ like our memory usage is
> balooned, when in reality the entire system has balooned, we're just
> getting the blame.

Right, that looks possible. I still wonder why installer needs MORE
memory than running server with couple of servers, Apache, MySQL, and
some application servers (Zarafa, Status.net, dspam, wordpress)? But
following in this argument would probably require more detailed analysis
than I am willing and able to provide, so let me close this argument
here.

Matěj