Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 20:05:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 09:35:42AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On 11/08/2012 11:31 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >Yes. This is_absolutely_  a feature. A complete rewrite of a core and
> >non-optional component cannot be done ad hoc without planning. One
> >blindingly obvious reason for this in the current situation is that
> >we're still thrashing around trying to figure out how to build and ship
> >the initramfs that fedup needs. This is exactly the kind of thing that
> >needs to go through the feature process so that the relevant groups -
> >releng, infra - know about it. I don't believe they even knew about the
> >problem until about two weeks ago.
>
> I think the unfortunate thing here is that we're trying to use
> "Feature" to handle cross team coordination.

Why unfortunate?  That is one of the two issues the Feature Process was
created to address.

If it's unfortunate because the two issues the feature process attempts to
solve don't really have as much in common as once thought, that's cool and
probably the number one thing that everyone would like to fix -- I'm just
checking that you don't have some other idea in mind.

-Toshio