appliance-creator: how can I shorten the grub timeout in kickstart?

Brian C. Lane bcl at redhat.com
Sat Nov 10 03:25:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 01:26:44PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> This perplexing to me. In my %post section, I tried both writing
> "GRUB_TIMEOUT=0" to /etc/default/grub and using sed to replace "set
> timeout=5" in grub2.cfg. I even put a call to grub2-mkconfig to re-write the
> config file after doing those things.
>
> But on boot, grub.cfg file always contains timeout=5. Why / how is this
> happening?
>
> I'm using appliance-creator, in case that's doing anything silly.

I think appliance-creator is pretty much unsupported at this point,
isn't it?

livemedia-creator is supposed to replace livecd-creator,
appliance-creator and ami-creator, although it hasn't seen much testing
for the last 2 cases it does have code that may work :) It is part of
the lorax package.

livecd-creator can also make images instead of iso's so you may have
better luck with that. Call image-creator instead of livecd-creator.