Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Nov 10 04:36:38 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-11-10 at 05:22 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 11/10/2012 01:30 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Sat, 2012-11-10 at 00:52 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> >> Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> >> So, since Fedora has existed, Anaconda's memory requirements have increased
> >> by at least an order of magnitude! How's that NOT "skyrocketing"?
>
> > You're being pretty absurd comparing 2003 requirements to 2012
> > requirements without allowing at all for hardware inflation.
>
> You seem to be missing the increasing amount of aging netbooks, laptops
> and tablets.
>
> Also you seem to be ignoring the fact of Windows XP being about to be
> discontinued, for which at least some users will be looking for a
> substitute OS, when they realize Win 8's HW requirements are too
> demanding for their HW or when they realize Win 8 doesn't meet their
> personal needs.
>
> Some of them certainly will consider switching to Linux, but will it be
> Fedora? Provided this discussion, my guess is no.

Look, I like a good argument as much as anyone else, but this is
ludicrous. Are you just replying to me for the sake of scoring a point?
Or are you seriously suggesting that a sensible direction for Fedora is
to consider the requirements of nine year old hardware and attempt to
adjust our software to match? Is this really what you would like us to
do, or are you just compulsively contradicting whatever you can? Because
I'm not interested in a back and forth point scoring match.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey