Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Nov 10 05:58:47 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-11-10 at 06:40 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> I am pointing out that what you are calling "9 year old" hardware is not
> unlike the hardware to be found on 4-2 year old netbooks/laptops/tablets
> etc. and consider ignoring this hardware to be a mistake.

BTW, for the factual record, only the very first generation of the very
first netbook ever created - the Eee 700-701 - had 512MB of RAM. The 702
G and then the 900 series onwards all had 1GB of RAM or more. So our
current, completely unoptimized, 'bloated' anaconda in a pre-Beta build
can safely and happily install on every extant netbook except the very
first, famously underpowered generation. Our current stable release can
install on any netbook ever shipped.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey